Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Inscanity


So, I actually was able to end the inscanity on Friday.  I hate to kick the good looking Johnny down the page, but I thought you all might like to know about my scans too.  I realized Thursday night that I didn't have a doctor appointment until the 10th, which is nice, but it doesn't get me my results.  I ended up just calling the nurse, and she called right back and gave me my results.  It was so easy.  I liked that sooo much better.  

The results were good.  All the tumors were either stable, less conspicuous, and possibly smaller.  My tumor markers are down from 86 in June to 53 this month.  Normal is below 35 or so.  We are slowly making progress here in the right direction.  I haven't talked to the doc, but I am assuming we will continue the course of treatment until we get those normal results.  It does help to know we are continuing to get somewhere.

The last three weeks were killers though.  After the thrush, hospital visit, anemia, and general lack of energy, I was really feeling like my energy level was never going to recover, and that I was destined to be attached to the couch.  We went to the zoo last Monday, and I just kind of went from bench to bench.  It was really depressing.  I tried to enjoy it, but I was just so exhausted.  Thankfully by Tuesday, I felt a bit better, and my energy levels have continued to improve.  I was actually able to get Katelyn's and Emma's closet ready for school and clean it out on Saturday.  I am giving myself Neupogen shots for the seven days after the 2nd treatment.  It isn't too bad, and I think that the shots are what are helping me have energy again.  My body isn't having to fight as hard to keep the white counts up.  It does give you some bone pain, but nothing that Ibuprofen can't improve.  

That's the news from Lake Wobegone. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad there has been improvement!! PTL! I'll be praying that you have better days ahead, that you have more energy and feel more yourself!! Love ya, Lori K:)

Rhonda said...

We are so glad you got your results early and they were good!!! Yes!!! Yay to more energy for you, too!! When you feel up to it, it would be fun to get our families together.

Anonymous said...

GLAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING IS MAKING SOME PROGRESS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.

MIKE, KIM & RACHEL