I did have a long nap on Sunday, and I was able to sleep in today as Josh is home on Mondays. If I get my sleep I am usually okay, but I think my energy burst depleted so I haven't accomplished as much as I wanted. After digging around in the garage attic this afternoon, I was pooped. Since this is my normal week off from chemo, I am going to try to only do one area/closet a day until I am done. Unless of course, I get another sudden burst of energy from the sky then I will do more!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Week Off & Spring Cleaning
I had a burst of energy this past weekend. I am not really sure where it came from (unless it was from Ben's special espresso on Saturday), but it was nice. It all started with cleaning out the junky closet in Emma's room. Her clothes are all in Katelyn's room, so Emma's closet was a catch-all. I guess I got carried away, because then I cleaned out my clothes and rearranged our bedroom. My friend and I are having a collaborative yard sale at her home next month, so I keep sending loads with Josh to their garage. I keep having this wish that it would have the floor just drop out and take all of our "stuff" and spit out a few hundred dollars like an atm machine. Wouldn't that be nice, Rhonda? It is just sooo nice to clean out stuff, and simplify. I have been drawn to take on a more minimalist lifestyle. Less is better. I am not talking extremes, but just about keeping only what you love and really use. For example, the girls don't need the entire town of little play houses, one or two are just fine. It is really a freeing way to think. Now if I could only make myself think that way about cute girl's clothing! Ha, ha! I felt so energized and liberated after all of that cleaning. It was literally like an adrenaline rush. I didn't feel the fatigue from the chemo at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment